Instagram

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Terri Gess's booth at Spruce Pine Potters market




Here's are a couple of shots of Terri Gess's booth at the Spruce Pine Potters Market with  his wonderful slip decorated, salt fired work.

We got a light sprinkling of snow earlier; but not even enough to provide a light coating.   I had planned to dig up and pot a tender fern but if it stay like this,  I'll cover it with an old blanket and wait for a warmer day.. It's going down to 28F tonight, but then it's expected to be above freezing for the next ten days or more with the day time temperatures in the low 60's which will give us more time to continue putting the garden to bed.

In the mean time, this is definitely a good day to bake some bread! I'm going to try the short cut version of the "no knead" bread recipe which I didn't get to make yesterday and I'll have it to go with the potato leek soup I'm planning for tomorrow.  Tonight's freeze will sweeten the leeks which I'll harvest tomorrow for the soup.

After breakfast I'll start on the bread and do the  plant organizing in the basement which I didn't get to yesterday, read the Sunday papers and then do some early dinner prep. I'm using some of our garden veggies (butternut squash and yellow wax beans) to go with the frozen Chicken Cordon Bleu from Sams Club. I always keep a package of that around for those busy days, or when I'm just not very inspired to spend a lot of time in the kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS WELCOME: