Instagram

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Cynthia Bringle's booth at Spruce Pine Potters Market



This morning I checked my camera and sure enough, there was this photo of Cynthia Bringle's booth.  If you have a chance and haven't seen it yet, check out hers and Norm Schulman's retrospective show at the Folk Art Center in Asheville, NC. It's fabulous!

It's raining again and supposed to get heavier this afternoon; but it won't keep me from driving over to Burnsville to see Michael Kline's free 2 hour decorating demo. It was either that or work in the studio. It wasn't a hard choice. I'm a bit tired after a heavy, late, partying, margarita madness night with friends.

The cream cheese horseradish stuffed salami rolls went over really well. In fact, they never even made it to the living room. They were gobbled up while we chatted in the kitchen as I was forming the pizza. The stuffed salami is so easy - mix 1T good horseradish in 6oz (3/4Cup) of whipped cream cheese. Have the deli slice 16 slices of thin Genoa salami. Put some mixture in the middle each piece of salami and form the mixture like a teardrop, with the thicker end more toward the top. Then roll the salami into the shape of a cone and chill. That's it - super simple and really tasty.

I didn't make my chocolate ala torta - didn't have the right sized pan and didn't have enough time either. Fortunately I had bought a frozen German chocolate cake which was very light and tasty. Thank you Pepperidge Farms!

2 comments:

  1. Those salami rolls sound yummy. I may have to make some soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do try them Ron, they're so easy and so good.

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS WELCOME: