Instagram

Friday, October 16, 2009

Ken Sedberry at Spruce Pine Potters Market



 Here's a blinking Ken Sedberry tending his booth at the Spruce Pine Potters market. Don't you just love his  colorful, wood fired pots!

With frost expected in a couple of days, we're going to be taken some preventative measures today. I have this wonderful fabric like material called Remay that I'll use to cover some of my crops like beans and peppers that are still bearing. The Remay comes in a couple of weights that will raise the temperature at least 2 degrees which can be critical with these early frosts. My beans are still producing well, so the first thing I'll do today is harvest the beans and peppers that are ready, then cover with the remay. 

We'll also bring all the tropical and semi tropical plants indoors - either down to the basement under grow lights or in my studio.

If I have any time or energy left, I might just do a short walk around to see if all this rain has brought forth any new, or interesting mushrooms.

I'll be ready for a nice dinner out with friends tonight after a full day in the garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS WELCOME: