Finally got a few good hours of studio time yesterday. I spent time sorting through bisque and finished pots and re-organized them and got them stacked as well as I could to free up much of my only work table which is also my big, Bailey slab roller. The other job was to make a bunch of cone packs and draw tiles for future soda firings. Since I hadn't used the pug mill for a while I got it working again and pugged enough clay to throw a teapot which out daughter has requested.
She gives these amazing and elaborate tea parties for her girl friends and needs more teapots. I'm trying to get those parts dry enough to finish today. The garage studio is pretty damp, so it may take another day to get it to the right leather hard stage. Meantime, I have some of the slipped and glaze earthenware pots which need finishing.
The younger trick or treaters will probably be showing up early like last year. Last year we got well over 100 kids. One of our neighbors counted 135. Thank goodness we had enough candy and we're loaded again this year. When we lived in the mountains of North Carolina we never had a single trick or treater in the years we were there. Looks like we're making up for it now! BOO!