Instagram

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Alfred University unveils a new Ceramic museum

Alfred University unveils a new Ceramic museum. Here's the link if you want to peek.
Alfred University Ceramics Museum

I'm going at snails pace but I'm going. Got a wee bit of studio time yesterday to make some cone packs for the soda kiln, went through some paper work  and labeled  some small containers for wadding, liner and accent glazes for soda pots.

After breakfast I have to make our favorite nutty fruity breakfast breakfast bread and after lunch  I'll start weighing out those glazes. I still have one ware rack of bisqued soda pots to fire. Between needing to have 3 non rainy days in the forecast to fire that kiln and the minute size of the kiln, it's going to take me forever to get these all fired.

At some point I need to check my garden. Our night time temperatures have been hovering a couple of degrees above freezing and around 70 during the day, so I'm keeping a sharp eye on those last big, green, tomatoes. 

I took some beans and corn bread out of the freezer for tonight so I'll be able to get a good block of studio time before I have to head to the kitchen. It feels so good to finally be able to get some semblance of a balanced routine of house and studio chores.

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS WELCOME: