Instagram

Tuesday, October 01, 2013

Morning Eye Candy



The video link is to Tom Turner's amazing, 40 year collection of pottery. I've seen this collection at his home and studio and it is amazing. It was like being in a museum. He is now selling most of the collection by appointment at his home outside of Asheville, North Carolina. 

As for me, I'm dealing with some new, yet undiagnosed health challenge which is causing extreme nausea only when I'm standing for any length of time. It's truly bizarre. I have some prescription anti nausea medicine which I will start today but often these medications cause other symptoms that put the body in more stress. Old age is definitely not for sissies!

In the meantime, I guess I'll have to find more sit down jobs than just cleaning up computer files and chopping and dicing dinner veggies. Maybe it's time to read some of the unread books sitting in our bookcases.

2 comments:

  1. June - I've been studying Thai massage (great use for my strong potter's thumbs!) and on my advanced course recently came across the acupressure point above the wrist which is useful for nausea. I thought I'd mention it in case you hadn't tried it. The point is common to Thai and Chinese practice, P6 in Chinese medicine. I remember it from my sailing days as there used to be some wrist bands you could get which pressed on the point. To some extent its effectiveness will depend on what is causing the nausea, but it's worth a try as it's easy to self administer and a minute on each wrist is hardly any time, and faster than any pill. An internet search will get you detailed instructions on finding the point - about three finger widths from the wrist crease, between the tendons. Of course the nausea is possibly a symptom of something else going on in your body which should be addressed, but better to address it without feeling like you're going to vomit all the time eh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mike. I've known about acupressure points and was doing that. It's good that you mentioned it for others to know. We think the problem was from the antibiotic I took for a bladder infection. It looks like it destroyed a local of good flora in my stomach, so now I'm eating yogurt three times a day in between meals and taking Probiotics. Hopefully with another 4-5 days the good flora will be back. If not, then that's not the problem and we'll have to dig deeper to find out what's going on.

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS WELCOME: