Instagram

Thursday, October 17, 2013

Mountain splendor




We had a fabulous drive to the mountains and I thought I'd share a couple of photos of this amazing waterfall in Prospect, Oregon. I took these photos from the bridge. Fortunately not many cars came over while I was in a somewhat precarious position. One side of the bridge has the falls view and the other side is this amazing, massive rock formation and the rushing water from the falls as it continues  on its way.

Jim and I got our pine forest fix, stopping a few times to walk among them and soak in the amazing scent of pine and balsam fir. We had a nice little lunch and brought home some very tasty pie. By the time we got home we  were more relaxed than a couple of overcooked noodles. We were so tired after all that good mountain air that we had to fight to stay awake until 9:30 p.m. when we both gave up the fight and turned out the lights.

Today I'm dealing with household and those never ending computer chores. I just put together the potato au gratin casserole to go with our leftover fish sticks for dinner. I couldn't figure out how to use my new mandoline so I had to slice the potatoes the 1/8" required thickness using my ancient, wobbly, unstable,  downright, unreliable, and older than dirt, slicer. My duh of the day - You Tube has a detailed video on how to use the Bron Mandoline.  I should have checked that out before I gave up and cut them with my ancient, dangerous tool (I have the scars to prove it). I must have enjoyed complaining about it for the past 50 years or so, since it's taken me that long to break down and buy the Bron Mandoline with a nice protective handle so I will no longer have to risk making a blood sacrifice every time I need to slice these veggies.

I will bid a fond adieu for now while I see if I can find my missing Safari web browser on my iPod touch. I googled the problem and there's a possibility it is hidden in there, deeply hidden in the settings.

2 comments:

  1. ahhh, the healing powers of mountain air! Did it make you miss the mts of NC at all?
    good to see you feeling up to getting out now xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. It certainly did Tracey; but I don't think there's a day that goes by, where I don't miss parts of my life in North Carolina. It was a very special place for me.

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS WELCOME: