Instagram

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Mark Peters at Spruce Pine Potters Market


Here's Mark Peters and his wonderful wood fired pots. If you haven't seen them already, check out some of his throwing videos on you tube.

This past week has just flown by with no time for the studio; but the garden and other things are getting a lot of much needed attention.

As soon as I take my morning vitamins, Jim and I will be heading for the studio to get those plants moved and under grow lights. In the afternoon I'll be taking advantage of this beautiful day and be back in the garden, planting some tulip bulbs and other things and doing a bit more fall clean up.

I didn't want to waste a beautiful fall day working indoors, and I was too sore and tired from all the garden work, so driving over the mountain to Tennessee yesterday and enjoying the gorgeous fall colors, getting some shopping in, followed by an early dinner at Carrabas, turned out to be a great choice.

The days outing was a nice respite from the garden work. I got some more saucers for the plants, two more grow lights as back ups and avoided the temptation to buy more things to plant. I stopped in Pet Smart and got Bonnie kitty a new toy that I'm saving to lure her in next time I let her outside, without a chain, if ever. I also bought a longer than normal lead for her and we'll see how that works. After that experience with her the other day when she refused to come in, I'm reluctant to give her that amount of freedom any time soon.

A nice meditation, followed by "Top Chef", put the finishing touches on a lovely "play day".

Rain is expected tomorrow, and the next day so I'll finally get some real studio time till the next sunny day when the,  still somewhat messy, garden will beckon once more.

4 comments:

  1. Have you tried a retractable "Flexi-Lead from the dog dept?

    ReplyDelete
  2. WE have a Carrrabas in Cherry Hill how 's the food there i have to try it out soon

    ReplyDelete
  3. June, Sorry I missed Clay Club. No one posted about that. But thanks for all the photos from Spruce Pine Market. Fabulous show.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just saw your web site on aol its an incredible web page you have done an excellent article.

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS WELCOME: