Instagram

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Morning raindrops on the daylilies


Rain, rain and more rain. I did a short walk through the flower garden this morning and these daylilies caught my eye.
The weeds are taking control again, so I need to get out there as soon as weather permits and try to get on top of them as well as getting the rest of my planting done. I was hoping to dig more potatoes today; but the ground is probably too wet and more rain is expected.
Right now I'm waiting for the carpet stretchers to arrive. They're already a half an hour late.
We got the allen wrenches at our local Ace Hardware yesterday. I'm hoping my friend Jim and Aaron will show up to tilt my monster pugmill to drain the oil so we can get new oils in there and get it working in time for me to start a throwing cycle.
I still have more paperwork to file in the studio. My desk looks like a hurricane blew threw, as I'm in the middle of sorting and filing all these papers.
I'll take Bonnie in with me this afternoon. So far, she's been good in the studio. It will be interesting to see how she responds to me throwing; but that may be a few days away.
I haven't even though about tonight's dinner. Last night I made one of Jim's favorites - fettucini Alfredo. I topped it with some cold, leftover salmon.
At some point today, maybe when the carpet people are her, I have to feed my sour dough starters. There's always so much to do, and seemingly, so little time.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks Matt.

    Check all the blogs I have linked here. I don't think you have some of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. June, You can't imagine how much I wish you could ship us a little of your rain! We are turning into straw down here in Texas! I read this line and thought of your garden:
    "The garden is looking very Shakespearean; "'Tis an unweeded garden gone to seed, things rank and gross in nature possess it merely". I haven't had a chance to attend it for a long while, but Mika has managed to save the vegetable bed from neglect. Hooray for Mika!"
    It is from Euan Craig's blog [euancraig.blogspot.com]
    Gay Judson

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sometimes complain about all this rain; but I have to admit, particularly since we are on well water,that I prefer it to drought. The only hand watering I have to do it out potted plants.
    Love the poem!

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS WELCOME: