Instagram

Friday, July 24, 2009

Joy Tanner's photography class



Here's a photo of Joy Tanner from her wonderful photography class last week. When I fully get over this flu bug (I think it's finally leaving) I have to get cracking on constructing the light box and duplicating her setup; but first I want to get to the studio and do something - anything!!!!

Yesterday I had enough energy to get a bunch of squash processed and in the freezer. I made zucchini fritters for the first time and Jim really loved them, so now I have at least 4 zucchini recipes that he really likes - zucchini bread, zucchini fritters, zucchinis sauteed in olive oil with garlic, basil and oregano, and the fancier version of zucchini sauteed in olive oil with tomatoes, garlic, onion, basil, oregano, then topped with Parmesan reggiano. I could eat the last one as an entree with some garlic bread.

When Jim took Bodhi for a walk around 8am, a young raccoon was near the bird feeder - not a good sign, since there's a good chance that a nocturnal animal out in day time is rabid, so I waited a couple of hours before taking Bonnie Lass, our kitty, out for another outing. I got to weed the oak tree shade bed while she played and explored this new, to her, world.

Now that she's had a taste of the outdoors, she is not happy to be inside; but she's still too young for me to let her roam on her own. Fortunately she hasn't wandered away from the garden beds around the house and with her white and light gray coat, she's pretty easy to spot. After ten or 15 minutes of running around, she starts to slow down enough for me to catch her and bring her back in the house.

Think I'll head out to the deck with a book and enjoy this lovely weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS WELCOME: