Instagram

Monday, June 01, 2009

Kiln fired.s

It's 12:30 am and I just shut down the kiln, washed the soda sprayer and I'm off to the shower and bed. Will write more tomorrow.
The new changes on the kiln worked, but I'll tweak it all a bit more for the next firing. Top and bottom temperatures on the double fluke pyrometers were dead even 99.9% of the time; but the cones didn't match it since the fluke were one or two brick up from the bottom and down from the top; but fortunately my two celadon liners , oribe, temmoku and shino have a wide firing range so no problem there. I might have gotten more reduction than I was hoping for so my oribe might go liver colored - we'll see.

Till tomorrow,
June

1 comment:

  1. the excitement is mounting... looking forward to pics of pots

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS WELCOME: