Instagram

Friday, September 14, 2012

Engobe batching

Finally got an afternoon in the studio and  got 8 more engobes made and on to test tiles. If it weren't for a computer problem that needed to be dealt with this morning, I would have been able to get in a full day of studio time. A Java update screwed up my operating system and my Norton anti virus software, so I had to spend a couple of hours uninstalling and re-installing software, which involved more times than I can count of having to re-boot the computer. All seems to be fine now, so I can concentrate on clay and glazes until the next computer glitch.

Tomorrow I'll set these tiles out to dry and in this  90 degree plus, sunny weather, they should be fully dry in a short while and ready to be bisque fired Sunday. 

Now that the engobes are done I can start weighing out some clear and other glaze tests. It looks like I should be able to get some good studio time after morning gardening chores and breakfast. Lately, studio time has been a rare luxury, while I get this house up to par, but there's finally light at the end of that tunnel.



No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS WELCOME: