Instagram

Saturday, January 10, 2009

SHIGARAKI POT



Here's a lovely pot from my personal collection. We lugged this wood fired beauty all the way from Shigaraki Japan from one of my visits in the 80's. It's one of my favorites.

Wound up doing everything but studio work yesterday. Linda McFarling and John Britt stopped by to go over my soda/salt test tiles, get some recipes and test batches to test in John's new soda test kiln next week. It's a sweet looking little kiln and I can't wait to see the results of his firing! The rest of the day was filled with non pottery related chores - working on a new web site for a friend for a couple of hours before we headed out for dinner with friends and making some 100 year old sourdough starter for my pizza making project in a couple of days.

Time to head to the studio and actually make some pots!

Till later!
June

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS WELCOME: