Instagram

Monday, January 05, 2009

FOGGY MOUNTAIN MORNING


Here's a lovely slab bud vase that bought from the late Tatsuzo Shimaoka in the early 80's during one of my trips to Japan. It's a lovely example of quality hakeme brushwork. Shimaoka worked with Hamada Shoji for years and later in life, like Hamada, became one of Japan's National living treasures.

I had a computer problem that kept me out of the studio yesterday but I got it fixed by late afternoon. For a while it looked like there was no solution to why my blog posts were winding up on another blog! And in the crazy world of computers there was no way to find an answer to why this happened or how I could correct it. The blog forum was filled with unanswered questions to various problems and the frequently asked Q&A section never seems to have a question and answer for your problem! AARGH! It turned out that the problem was my listing on the other site as watching that site. When I removed my name, it solved the problem! Who could have guessed that could cause my messages to be diverted there when I wasn't signed on to that blog!

This is a one of those "run around" days - food shopping, doctors appointment, lunch out and by the time we get back it will be time to start thinking about what I'll be cooking for dinner. It will probably be my ten minute linguini with clam sauce or linguini with pesto and a salad, since we definitely saturated meat eating over the holidays.

Hopefully I'll get a couple of hours of studio time in this morning trying to finish cataloging those soda/salt test tiles. I found another bowl of them the other day and got half of those cataloged and have about 10% of the project left to complete.

Till later,
June

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS WELCOME: