Instagram

Monday, January 19, 2009

Japanese plate with pine tree design


Here's another one of my purchases from Japan. This potter was known for his orange teapots, but I spotted this charming plate which spoke to me more than his orange teapots. He gave me a big smile of approval when he saw my choice and told my friend I had a good eye. I still remember this little old man's amazing vitality and hospitality.

Today was a studio day - finally! I got some mugs trimmed, pulled some handles, threw a few things and in between came in the house to make some corn bread for dinner. After dinner I went out again to cover pots and sweep up.

When I came in, I worked on some glaze recipes. Some needed tweaking, so I'll try them out in the next firing.

Till later,
June

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS WELCOME: