Instagram

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Quesadillas and Cameras


This is Jim's newest, favorite recipe - Quesadillas with additions of thinly sliced onion, serrano chiles and tomato. He started with this one and finished after three. A little guacamole, some melon, and a nice big margarita and some cookies topped off the meal.

Yesterday was spent harvesting and saving some bean and basil seeds, fiddling with my non working digital Casio Powershot camera and checking up on what's new or expected soon, in the digital camera marketplace. Powershot has a new model S100, coming out in November, so if my camera is on it's way out, I'll have to check that one out as well as one of the Panasonic models a friend suggested. The pre issue information on the Powershot S100 looks good, but no one is able to test it yet. Fortunately, my camera seems to be back working. On instinct or out of sheer desperation, after trying everything else,I pressed the power button and on/off button at the same time and that caused the camera to reset something. The error message disappeared and I the camera was once again usable.

It's amazing how quickly you use up time doing nothing in particular! I spent a lot of time trying to find a source for replacement micro switches for my Wolf gas range and finally gave up and wrote to Subzero, who is now manufacturing the home model of the Wolf range. The whole days time seemed to be spent on similar, little projects requiring back and forth emails.

I did manage a bit of time in the garden and only about half an hour in the studio. It was definitely a smorgasbord kind of day, with little bits of everything eating up time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS WELCOME: