Instagram

Sunday, September 11, 2011

David Leach Anderson Ranch 1988 Part 2

Here's part 2 of the David Leach video.


Yesterday was a full studio day - trimming and finishing a few pots, some throwing,emptying the clay mixer and making clay arches to get the reclaim dry enough to pug. I'm out of my regular tan stoneware body, so it was time for that job which is probably my least favorite studio chore. The clay was pretty wet, so I left the arches sit uncovered overnight and checked them early this morning and they'll be dry enough to pug today.

Since I want to switch to a white clay body for a few pots (my yellow flashing sip looks best on a white body), my last chore was to I get my wheel and tools thoroughly cleaned, and do a quick sweeping. It was a good day!

I got an early start yesterday and it felt so good to not have my working day interrupted with garden and other chores for a change. I changed my dinner plan and opted for linguine with pesto sauce which was already made, and the sausages with grapes will wait till tomorrow. With another full studio day planned, albeit with a later start, since we opted for a big Sunday breakfast, dinner is going to be one of my fast, easy,working day meals - ham steak, baked sweet potatoes, apple sauce and garden beans.

Time to get to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS WELCOME: