Instagram

Monday, August 24, 2009

Slip and oxide washes cart done!


I finally finished the last organizing project and here it is! Got all the oxide wash containers and slip containers moved, washed and lined up in numerical order. Now I just have to get the most used slips mixed and sieved. That will be today's project along with putting the last few things away that are in and on the spray booth.

It was raining at 5:30 when I took Bodhi out for his first morning walk, so I don't know if the driveway people will be here to start grading today. Getting the drive way paved is last big project we've planned for this property and I'm anxious to get it done. I'm tired of looking at all those weeds coming through the gravel!

After breakfast I'll head to the garden and collect some herbs and whatever veggies are ready. I want to make a simple tomato based vegetable soup this morning, using some of our garden abundance - tomatoes, and zucchini, along with some store bought carrots, since the bunnies or other critters ate most of my carrot seedlings. It's super simple to make. I don't even peel the tomatoes - just wash them and throw them in the Vitamix with some onion and garlic, then into the pot with the sliced veggies, basil, oregano, and some tamari and pepper for seasoning. If the tomato base is too strong, I add a little bit of water or veggie stock. This soup will go into the freezer since we're going out for dinner tonight.

Once that's done, I'll head for the studio for the rest of the day. Bonnie kitty is loving her studio time , but when I start making pots, I'm afraid her studio time is going to be greatly curtailed. She's way too rambunctious at his age, and is particularly fascinated with my brush holder - constantly knocking down brushes and climbing all over the ware carts - which won't do when there are freshly thrown pots on the carts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS WELCOME: