Instagram

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Onta, Japan pottery with the days clay supply




Here are another couple of pictures from Onta, Japan. I love the color of this clay!

Yesterday was spent mainly scanning two carousels of slides from my Japan trips and cooking. I thought the scanning would be OK for all these injured chest muscles; but I'm really sore this morning, so I need to halt the scanning for a bit.

I have to get out to the garden once the fog lifts. There are a lot of tomatoes to pick, so I'll probably be making another pot of sauce or soup for the freezer, in addition to the normal days cooking. If it doesn't rain, I'll try to pop in a couple of small veggie starters I bought the other day - broccoli and cauliflower. I gave half of them to a friend, so I'll be able to plant the rest in less than ten minutes. Since they're so small and the soil in the terraces is pretty light after all the compost I've been adding to those areas for the last two years. If I start hurting, I'll try to get Jim to plant them for me.

There's still a huge pile of papers and magazines to go through as well as 2 new cook books to browse, so I'm never at a loss for something to do with my time. Throwing will have to wait till I heal and I have no idea how long that is going to take. I've decided not to do the December studio tour and give myself permission to heal and not angst about not being able to make pots right now.

I will take Bonnie kitty out to the studio with me later and try to get in some non throwing work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS WELCOME: