Instagram

Monday, August 03, 2009

Garden day

This is our son's wood burning pizza oven at his Oregon house. He was making pizzas and slow smoking ribs yesterday. It's been super hot there this week (in the 100's!) which you would think would keep him inside with the air conditioner full blast; but he loves manning the barbecue and making pizzas for his family and friends. They have riverfront property, so hopefully, those lovely Rogue river breezes helped cool things down a bit.

I was going to take more photos of some of my pottery collection but my set up is in the basement which is still partially wet after the flooding we got from that deluge the other day. There was a brief respite with the rain yesterday and I got a few minutes of weeding in; but I'm afraid I'm not going to get totally on top of them this year. I'm trying as much as I can to at least remove as many seeds heads as possible, in the little garden time the weather has allowed.

Yesterday I cooked a roast chicken dinner and made enough mashed potatoes and honey ginger carrots so there's leftovers for tomorrow. Tonight I'm making a simple fresh tomato sauce over linguini. I wasn't sure that I'd have enough plum tomatoes so I bought a few more at the farmers market Saturday. My tomato planting was staggered, so I should have a steady supply from now until frost.

With two days of sun expected, before more rain arrives, the studio will have to wait while I take advantage of this weather to get some good gardening time. After breakfast I'm heading out to dig up some more potatoes and plant some bush beans in that space. It's about time to spray the organic deer and bunny repellent again, so I'll try to get that done some time today, as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS WELCOME: