Instagram

Saturday, March 02, 2013

Finding space for everything by going up


This is still a work in progress, but it's getting there. Going up to gain storage space is working; but it's sure taking time. I have one or two more deep containers to buy and probably another day to finish this section, but it won't be today.

Yesterday morning was busy with the usual - email, breakfast, animal care, and then another unexpected computer glitch to deal with, then off early to Lowe's hardware to get a new surge protector for my wheel, more peat pots for transplants, a new timer for the grow lights for my seedlings, and oil to feed the outdoor furniture, etc. etc. We had lunch out - a new, local, and good Chinese restaurant. Portions were so huge that we had the leftovers for dinner, which was a blessing, because, by dinner I was too tired and achy to do much of anything.

I had spent 4 hours in the garden planting beets, onions, lettuce, kale, spinach, arugula, radishes and an artichoke, transplanting some veggies because I needed to follow this years square foot gardening plan, cleaning up a lot of the planters and pulling weeds. It was amazing how many early weeds were not only up, but flowering! It was six o'clock when I came in and barely mustered the energy to reheat and eat dinner. It was a beautiful warm day and I just kept going (longer than I should have), to take advantage of it.

Every part of me is aching this morning, but if I can perk up later, I'd like  to at least spent some time planting carrots, potatoes and the fava beans I didn't get to plant yesterday. Maybe after breakfast, I can find some sit down studio chore that doesn't require shoulder, hip or leg muscles. We'll see. Meantime, I have some raw materials I bought in Japan years ago - labels are gone, so I'm going to see if I can find a kanji Japanese translation site and maybe through elimination (they're all oxides I think), I can find out what they are without getting into heavy testing. I do enough of that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS WELCOME: