Instagram

Saturday, February 09, 2013

Winding down


The morning was spent doing early dinner prep and more of the never ending computer cleanup, email and other chores. It takes a couple of hours to heat my studio, so using that time for household chores works well for me these days.

After lunch, it was time to head to the studio to pull handles and finish the couple of mugs I threw yesterday. Instead of testing those yellow slips, I decided instead to put that off till tomorrow and throw a few more things. It almost took me as long to clean my wheel and tools and the floor, than it took to throw and finish a few pots; but with my newer, smaller, garage/studio space, it's important for me to have a clean wheel waiting. That's particularly true now that I'm working with red earthenware, since I don't want to track that red clay into the house.

Having never worked with earthenware before this, unless I count my childhood play with the raw clay in my grandmothers back yard in Pennsylvania, I wasn't sure if I would like it's handling properties, but it seems to be fine for throwing, at least for small items, which is mainly what I'll focus on at my age. 

With most of the dinner prep done in the morning, it didn't take long to get dinner made - fresh asparagus on whole wheat toast, topped with lemon butter, chopped hard boiled eggs, and fresh cooked bacon bits. The new toaster oven did a great job on the toast, better than our regular toaster,  so we were able to put away the old toaster which made space for some of the items that were displaced by the new toaster oven. Time now for the next episode of the addictive series "House of Cards" on Netflix. It's been a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS WELCOME: