Instagram

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Nice video on the potteries of the Shenandoah valley



My bolognese sauce has been simmering since 6:30 am.  This sauce requires a half a day of cooking, so I wanted to start super early so I'd get a full afternoon in the studio to sieve slip and slip a small group of pots. That job has to be done this afternoon because tomorrow is going to be an all day in the kitchen day making perogis for the family. They're coming up for the weekend and the grand kids have been asking for more of nanna's perogis. Making a regular, big batch of them (over 50) leaves no time or energy that day, for anything else.

The sun is shining this morning. We haven't seen much of it this winter; but that's typical of winters in the Rogue Valley of Southern Oregon. We make up for the lack of winter sun in the late spring to mid fall. If I wasn't intent on getting studio time today, I'd be out back cleaning up my planters and getting them ready for spring planting.

I've already gone through my seeds, sorted them in order of planting time and I'm ready to go as soon as weather and time permit. This has been a good week for organization.




No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS WELCOME: