Instagram

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Batching majolica tests today.

Breakfast is done, and most of my studio glaze and slip notes are updated, and the days "to list" is made out. Just need to finish a bit of email while I wait for the studio to heat up. I googled some cork places and saved those urls so I can order the corks for the home made slip trailers as soon as the bicycle inner tubes arrive and are measured. Before I do that I need to check some corks I have on hand. Before we moved, I gave the bulk of them away, but did keep some.

I'll have to break up studio time to come in to make some soup for lunch. I'm still trying to use up the last of the harvested veggies. Yesterdays' soup was one of my  favorites - stratiacelli, which is chicken stock (I used boxed which I always keep on hand in a pinch), 2 eggs beaten in for about 3 1/2 -4 cups of stock(think egg drop soup), and some chopped spinach (a2-3 good hand fulls of cleaned, stemmed, shredded) and 1/4C parmesan cheese, plus more to pass around. That used up the latest picked spinach. Supposedly, you can use frozen spinach which would make it even quicker, but I've never tried that, because I love the bright green color of fresh spinach cooked just to the right stage.

Today I'll do a tomato based soup with onion, garlic, the last of the zucchini and carrots. I just put a large can of whole tomatoes in a blender with some onion and garlic, then put it in a pot with any one green and one orange vegetable along with some tamari instead of salt and some oregano and basil. It's super easy. If you want, you can sprinkle some parmesan on it  and/or add some elbow macaroni and beans for a more filling, minestrone type soup.

Once the soup is made I'll get back to the studio for another couple of hours. I want to batch up a Courtney Murphy majolica glaze and a couple of  pastel colored versions as well, since I still have a few more bisqued tiles on hand. The studio list is never ending. I still need to get that little kiln repaired now that I have the parts, but it's not a rush, other than the fact that's it's reminding me to get to it, as the unscrewed kiln sitter sits hanging away from the kiln, crying out to be repaired! Why is it that I can ignore house dust, but not something like this! I dunno!

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS WELCOME: