Instagram

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Tomato bisque


All my throwing is done for the next soda firing. That fridge aka the new drying cabinet, is keeping the pots pretty wet. Most weren't ready to trim yesterday so I threw a few more pots, put the slab roller to work to make myself a leaf plate from one of those huge sycamore leaves, added some water to the clay mixer to slake the dry reclaim and did some paper work.I quit around 3:30 to start dinner - another tomato, pasta dish - this time with pancetta, onion and cream.

This morning was spent picking tomatoes, getting them skinned,seeded and chopped,and getting the rest of the ingredients together to finish this tomato bisque. After cooking with the onion and spices I had to run it all through the food mill, which was deeply buried in the basment. Then there was the huge cleanup of pots, pans, bowls and the food mill. Tomorrow I'll deal with all the plum tomatoes - probably use them make some pizza sauce for the freezer.

Jim and I just finished a cup of the tomato bisque for lunch and it's very good; but I'm not so sure that it's that much better than other tomato bisques I've made and it sure as heck was a lot more work! I'm exhausted and it's only 1 o'clock. So I'm going take a little break, read the local paper which has been sitting here since Wednesday, and glance through Clay Times which arrived this morning. By then I should be re-charged enough to get a few hours in the studio.

If anyone wants the recipe (took me almost 4 hrs to make with cleanup!), I'll be very happy to post it.

1 comment:

  1. mmmmm, I love tomato bisque but I don't have 4 hours to make it! I like the pizza sauce in the freezer idea though.

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS WELCOME: