Instagram

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Garden and studio day

Looks like it's going to be a good morning to get in a bit of garden time. I need to see if I have any sweet potatoes. Some critter got most of the plants early on so I'm not too hopeful. After harvesting whatever is ready, I'll head to the studio.

Yesterday was an Asheville day. We had to get to the mall (one of my least favorite things to do), in search of some new towels and some clothing items for Jim. Belks had a sale and luckily we found some towels we liked, so it was worth the trip even though Jim didn't find any of the clothing items he wanted. Mall shopping is tiring and more so when you can't find what you want. We then headed across the road for a lovely lunch at the Indian buffet.

Since we were both sore and tired, we skipped our plan for a food shopping stop and headed straight home. My hip is a mess and I had to resort to using the cane again. Looks like another new hip replacement is in my near future. Guess I'm going to be an elderly bionic woman before I leave this plane.

Since we had such a big lunch, I made tomato bruschettas for dinner using some lovely Brandywine tomatoes, basil,thin shavings of parmesan reggiano,olive oil, a tiny touch of red wine vinegar, salt and pepper, served on oil and garlic rubbed, toasted ciabatta. It's a filling but light and very refreshing dish.

Since I have all those roast chicken dinner leftovers for tonight, I can get a pretty full day in the studio if my energy holds.

1 comment:

  1. I used to work in Advertising-Sales Promotion for Belk Store Services in Greensboro nearly 16 years ago, and I am very distantly related to the Belk family. Even when I used to design and layout the newspaper ads, hardly anything interested me in the Men's department either. I'm more of a Kohl's guy anyway. Just about anything I wear comes from there.

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS WELCOME: