Instagram

Monday, August 08, 2011

Productive insomnia

I've been wide awake since 3AM, so instead of tossing and turning, I got up and got a lot of glaze recipes into one of my notebooks, and started sketching ideas for some new soda pots that I want to make - some simple extruded vases and boxes, and some slab pieces - trenchers, sushi plates,etc., along with the slip/glaze/and design elements I want to try with those forms as well as some of my current forms. Now I just have to find time between all this gardening and food processing to get into the studio.

I got all of yesterdays beans processed and in the freezer, and today I hope to get another couple of jars of pickles made; but first I'm going to try to go back to bed and see if I can get another hour of sleep. I can function OK with 5 hours, but not with less than 4!

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS WELCOME: