Instagram

Friday, August 19, 2011

Friday porch sitting

We're hosting our Friday night porch sitting, so it's been a food prep morning. Six pounds of Oriental style chicken wings are now marinating in curry, soy sauce, garlic, lemon grass, hot sauce, etc; and I've got some of the prep done for the Boursin stuffed mushrooms - just have to wait for Jim to get the Boursin. Now I just have to prep some raw veggies and then it will be on to the studio for a few hours.

I got the last of the current batch of pots trimmed yesterday, so today I'll start slipping and decorating. This batch should fill the rest of the bisque kiln which will be fired some time this coming week. I'll need one more bisque to fill the big soda kiln, so more throwing will be on the agenda, in between harvesting and food prep.

It's raining this morning with more showers expected later, so porch sitting is going to be moved to the living room.

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS WELCOME: