Instagram

Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Two days till the TRACstudio tour



Here's a young racoon we spotted at dusk, munching on the cherries on the Japanese cherry tree right off our front porch. Our presence didn't phase this little guy one bit!

The TRAC tour, here in Western North Carolina, starts Friday afternoon, so I've been busy the past two days getting the last pots sanded and priced, redoing my studio display area and a lot of studio cleanup donkey work that I'll continue this morning.

After doing yesterday's hand watering, Jim helped me lift and dump several hundred pounds of reclaim kiln I'm no longer using. Hopefully that clay will halt a bit of erosion we have on the other side of the bedroom garden area. After I scrubbed those buckets, I moved the pots from the studio A frame display and got the frame washed down and turned around, so the pegs for hanging mugs and small pitchers were accessible. After setting up the display, I tackled one wheel area - washed all the tools, re-organized them, swept that front area of the studio and put away a lot of odd bits and pieces. By 4 o'clock I was wiped and come in and do some early dinner veggies prep.

After dinner and Jim's generous pour of wine I wound up falling asleep and missing the end of the Hercule Poirot mystery we were watching, but the nap perked me up enough to stay awake for the PBS Pete Seeger 90th birthday celebration which went on later than I usually stay up. It was a day well spent.

I picked a lot of snow peas this morning, some of which will be stir fried and served as a side dish with the potato pancakes I'm making for dinner. Time now to start breakfast, hit the shower, then head to the studio.

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS WELCOME: