Instagram

Friday, June 03, 2011

Bread baking morning studio afternoon

A loaf of no knead bread is in the oven. When that's done, the rest of the day is going to be spent in the studio. I was too wiped after the planting the other day to load the re-fires; but did manage some after dinner time to do a bit of studio cleanup. Continuing computer woes, cooking, having to do a lot of hand watering during this hot, very dry weather, as well as other household things have been eating up my time as well.

Tomorrow is the only day with no rain predicted so I'm planning on firing those re-fires in the little Olympic gas kiln. As soon as I get the bread out of the oven, I'll get those pots wadded and reloaded.

We desperately need rain. I've had to do a lot of hand watering the past few days. Every day for the last ten days, there's been possible thunderstorms in the forecast and we haven't gotten a drop. With temperatures in the high 80's and over 90 for many of those day, a lot of the garden is under stress- good thing I used a lot of straw to mulch the vegetables. Even so, I'm still giving a little water to some of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS WELCOME: