Instagram

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Garden clean up and planting

Another no studio day; but I knew that would be the case today. Instead of getting to the planting straight away, I spent a lot of time on rose trimming, dead heading and a lot of weed and volunteer pulling in the morning. Then I came in to make a fruit salad with almond cream for lunch and after lunch I was back out planting more peppers and a dozen cucumbers.

One hole took a half hour to dig. It turned out that the nearly 1cu ft hole had about 1/3 or more cu ft of rocks that had to be dug out. The little knoll next to my gallery was part of the old gravel driveway parking area and I've been planting there for 5 years and just when I think I've hit all the bad spots, I find another one. I also picked some more snow peas so tomorrow I'll be doing a snow pea and chicken stir fry for dinner.

When the thunder started I thought it was a good idea to take my shovel and head for the house, so I didn't get as much planted as I would have liked. Since then, we've had a couple of thunder storms pass through and we're getting a good amount of much needed rain. It's always nice to get a good rain right after planting. It saves me the time and it's easy on the well.

Since I didn't finish up the planting, I guess the studio will have to wait one more day. The forecast is good for planting tomorrow and there's winter squash, French pumpkin, a few more pickling cucumbers, a few more more peppers, two of three more tomatoes and watermelon to plant and some feeding to do, as well as the ever present weeding here and there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS WELCOME: