Instagram

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Asheville day

We headed out to Asheville early. It was a heavy duty shopping day with 8 stops which included a stop at Highwater for some clay and new thermocouples and some other raw materials and a bunch of small buckets, and stops at several food stores, including Sams club, then a great lunch with niece Andrea at Chai Pani.

We brought home some sushi from Earth Fare, so I didn't have to cook. After all that shopping, driving and unpacking the car and getting all the groceries put away, I was ready to just sit and relax with some sake and sushi.

I got a some cone 6 clays for my planned, experimental cone 6 soda firing and cone 6 oxidation firings. They were still out of the P5 porcelain, but I got some Little Loafers glory and a light buff stoneware. Those along with the BW white stoneware I have on hand should give me a good idea of how these cone 6 glazes will perform on a range of bodies and I have a few leftover bisqued Helios tiles which will give me an idea of how they'll work on a pure porcelain body.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE Asheville! I came out from California for the first time at the end of May. I spent a couple of days in Asheville looking at all the galleries and pottery studios and then went to Penland for two weeks. Can't wait to see the results of your cone 6 soda. I've been wanting to give that a try. Gotta build the kiln first though.
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS WELCOME: