Instagram

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Koryo celadon eye candy



These Koryo dynasty forms and glazes are exquisite; and when you consider some of them are close to 1000 years old, makes it even more remarkable.

The past couple of days I've been catching up with my planting and garden care. Normally I would have reached this stage weeks ago. Yesterday was more of a kitchen day after spending some morning time picking raspberries. Jim's Fathers day pate is made, and that was all he requested for tonights dinner. So I'll just make a nice tossed salad to start.

It's raining hard at the moment, so it looks like I'll be able to get in the studio after breakfast instead of my planned hour of garden time. There are pots to slip and decorate which have been in the old fridge which is now doing duty as a damp box. Getting all this planting finished and getting on top of garden maintenance has really been consuming all my creative time and energy. Fortunately I'm caught up enough to now give minimum morning time to the garden when weather permits and get on with making and firing pots.

My next firing is going to be cone 6 soda in the small Olympic kiln; but I need to get to Highwater Tuesday and pick up some cone 6 clays before I can start on that project and the cone 6 oxidation project after that.

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to hearing more about your cone 6 adventures!

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS WELCOME: