Instagram

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Sausage fried peppers and onions heroes


Enjoying some predawn quiet time after a busy, tiring day yesterday. The plan was to set up the saw horses and clean kiln shelves after trimming pots; but I decided to let the trimming wait - good thing, because when I opened the box containing the saw horses, I was faced with more parts than I could count. I started around 10am, took a lunch break and worked till 3:30 - close to 5 hours for me to get those two saw horses assembled and do a bit of kiln room sweeping and tidying.

By the time I was finished with that chore and setting trays under all the plants and trees that I brought indoors, watering them and feeding Bonnie kitty, I was wiped, so I called it a day. I took about an hour break for email and some paper work before starting dinner.

Fortunately dinner was easy - fried Italian sweet sausages, a big, sliced red onion and four sweet Italian and bell peppers from the garden and a half of a hot one. Once the sausages were browned, I added some water and red wine in the pan, salt and pepper and covered it and cooked them on low for about 25 minutes, removed the cover and turned the heat to medium high to reduce the liquid to a glaze. I served them on warmed, crunchy hero shaped rolls. We skipped the cheese for dessert because Jim had some for his lunch. Instead, we had some pumpkin pie with whipped cream and a glass of wine. It was another busy, but very good and beautiful Indian summer day in the mountains.

Today is a day for my osteo treatment so that and lunch out are going to take up half the day; and there probably won't be any time for the studio. By the time I get home it will be time to start thinking about dinner which may just be a simple pasta with fresh tomatoes, capers and olives (pasta putanesca) since I have a very large amount of cherry tomatoes on hand that we harvested two days ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS WELCOME: