Instagram

Monday, October 17, 2011

Courtney Martin eye candy

Here's a peek at more wonderful work of some of our Bakersville neighbors - Courtney Martins wood fired work on left and Shane Mickey's new soda fired pieces on the right, at this years Spruce Pine Potters market. The show was so crowded I had to settle for these quickly taken shots.

Going to try to get a bit earlier studio start to trim some pots this morning and in the afternoon I'll set up my new plywood top on the saw horses in the driveway and get my kiln shelves sanded. This is the last day of this Indian summer weather before the cold and rain arrives tomorrow, so I must get this job done today.

Yesterday we drove to Banner Elk to Lowe's for plywood and other items, and then some food shopping. Because it was warm and we had our dog Bodhi with us, we decided to grab something to eat at McDonalds and eat in the car. The french fries were soggy and barely lukewarm. McDonalds needs to work on their quality control!

On the way home we stopped at one of the road side stands about bought some freshly made kettle and caramel corn and munched some on the way home. That made up for the lousy lunch.

It was a nice drive, though. There's still some good fall color up there.

Once we got the car unloaded, I filled the new window box that I bought at Lowes and transplanted my basil seedlings which are now enjoying a sunny spot in our kitchen greenhouse window.

After a busy day I was happy to have some decent leftovers for an easy dinner. Tonight I'm making Italian sausage heroes, fried with onions and peppers from our garden. We have some lovely artisan cheeses from Murray's in New York which we'll have with some fruit for dessert. Life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS WELCOME: