Instagram

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Nachos and margaritas


The day was so full of "have to's", that one thing just led to another and I never got the studio time I wanted other than covering the pots before breakfast, that I threw the day before.

After breakfast, I made a mushroom bisque and packed up enough for two dinners and got those in the freezer, and set a little aside for us for lunch.
Then I got the veggies prepped for our nachos dinner. By then, it was time for lunch.

After lunch I had to clean off all my tropical and other tender potted plants and move them, with a bit of Jim's help with the larger pots, into the studio till spring.

Then I headed to the garden to harvest and cover all the peppers and basil because of a frost warning. I also dug up the sweet potato bed and found out what I already thought - the critters ate all of them! Well, to be fair, they actually left me two tiny ones about the size of a small chili pepper. :-(The forest critters really helped themselves to a lot of my veggies this year - more than they ever have.

Jim and I also harvested a large amount of cherry tomatoes (which keep coming and coming). I picked what looks like the last of the green beans, some herbs for drying, one of the French pumpkins and Swiss chard for a friend.

By the time all that was done it was time to start dinner - nachos and margaritas. After dinner and double margaritas, we were ready to call it a night, and at eight o'clock we headed for the bedroom to watch our favorite Brit com "As Time Goes By", followed by an episode Inspector Lewis on Netflix. All in all, it was a very good, productive day even though I didn't get any studio work done.

Today I need to get to Banner Elk for a piece of plywood to use as a top for my new saw horses. My kiln shelves need grinding and coating and I'm planning on getting that done tomorrow since it's going to be the last, warm day this week.

1 comment:

  1. yummmmm, I know what we are having for dinner tonight! I haven't made nachos in ages. I'm looking forward to the day when we can have a place with a garden. All we have is shade and moss :)

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS WELCOME: