Instagram

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Lovely summer morning gentle rains.

Weighing out glazes is a slow process, even with a good digital scale. After unloading and sorting, the bisqued test tiles, I had to find and label a lot of containers before starting to weigh out the test glazes. I got 9 weighed and mixed; but will wait on the sieving until I'm ready to dip them. By the end of today I should have all the glazes weighed out that I want for this first, manual, firing down in the tiny test kiln. I'll be dipping 3 different clay bodies in each test which should fill that tiny kiln. If all goes well, I might be able to start sieving and dipping some tiles this afternoon.

It was 90 degrees here yesterday and after a couple of hours of feeling like I was in a sauna, I gave in and turned on the studio air conditioner. This morning, we woke up to a balmy, gentle rain, which hopefully will keep things a bit cooler than yesterday.

You don't get much done in a pottery studio in 6 hours! I stopped around 4:30, and after resting my screaming lower back, we headed to the Tin Lizard Pub for a lovely dinner. Monday is 1/2 price on wine, and we opted for a Pinot Grigio to go with our perfectly cooked fish (salmon for me and macadamia encrusted grouped for Jim). We're so lucky to have The Knife and Fork and Tin Lizard - two good, reasonably priced restaurants with young, talented, chefs.

My repaired Dell laptop arrived late yesterday, so I'll need to get the hard drive re-installed before heading to the studio after breakfast. Hopefully, that's all I'll need to do to get it working. If not, it will just have to wait till after dinner to get any more of my attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS WELCOME: