Instagram

Monday, July 25, 2011

Lazy morning

Our house guests left after breakfast this morning and we're basically just vegging out at the moment, catching up with email and snail mail. We had a great time as always, and now it's time to get back to our daily routine. I did manage to check out the garden after breakfast, and harvest a bunch of pickling cucumbers and pull some weeds, so tomorrow I'll need to get some fresh dill to start pickling them.

Today I need to clean, blanch and all the green beans I've harvested the past few days, and get them in the freezer. Yesterday I picked the first cherry tomatoes which will go into tonight's salad. Since no one felt like the big steak dinner I had planned yesterday, because we were all still too full after a huge meal at the Toe River Lodge buffet. Instead, we just had some cheese, crackers, grapes and other munchies and margaritas.

Tonight I'll be grilling two of those lovely strip steaks for us and cut up the other two tomorrow for my my Mexican stir fry with garlic, onions, chile,tomatoes and herbs along with some refried beans.

There won't be time for the studio today; but I will get in there tomorrow morning after an hour of garden time if the weather permits.

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS WELCOME: