Instagram

Friday, July 15, 2011

70 tiles ready to fire

Yesterday was a put my head down and get it done kind of day. I got about 20 glaze test batches sieved and dipped and marked 70 tiles - 61 for the cone 6 oxidation test kiln and 9 that will go in a cone 6 soda firing with more new ones and some refires in a few weeks. I thought it was going to take at least a day and a half to get these done but I was finished by 5 o'clock.

Working at that rushed pace was draining and when I came in to prep dinner, Jim took one look at me and said "You looked wiped, forget about cooking. I'll just go to Sally's and pick us up a couple of meat loaf dinners". After dinner I was treated to a foot rub and then headed to the bedroom to give kitty Bonnie some play time, and set up the Netflix to watch our new favorite British detective series "George Gently", then meditation and welcome sleep

I'll load these tiles today and fire either tomorrow or Sunday. I'm waiting to hear back from a friend about a possible plant shopping trip tomorrow and if for some reason, she can't make it, I'll fire tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS WELCOME: