Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Terrace farming

Yesterday I spent most of the day working on these terraces where I grow most of the vegetables. I finished weeding and mulching two of the terraces, weeded two others, and dug up a bunch of volunteer potatoes and transplanted them. There was room for one more row in the terrace where I planted the other potatoes, which was going to be for red potatoes; but I waited too long to buy them and everyone was out of the Red Pontiacs. The garden devas provided enough volunteers to fill the whole row.

Yesterday morning I attempted to remove some plumbing parts from the Olympic gas kiln but they wouldn't budge for me, even with the heaviest wrench. The water column gauge I got from Olympic doesn't seem to have any place to fit on either the new regulator or the solenoid valve, so I need to call them this morning and find out whether I need a different part or a new part to get all these things working together.

Today is a new moon, so according to planting by moon signs, I can plant some seeds of above ground veggies, which I'll do right after breakfast. Then I'll head back to the garden and weed another one of the already planted terrace beds, transplant a few more kale seedlings and mulch the bed.

Dinner is going to be easy - bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwiches, so I'll try to squeeze in a bit of studio time.

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed my visit to your lovely blog. :-)