Instagram

Friday, May 20, 2011

Down to the wire

I'm down to the wire with the garden. Today was a 6 1/2 hour day of planting and weeding. All the terraces are planted, with just a small section in one where I'll plant more corn tomorrow.By Sunday I should have most of the seedlings planted that are large enough to plant now. I've run out room in the terraces and the knoll for veggies, so today I planted some tomatoes and herbs in the flower beds. I'm probably going to have to clear some new area in order to plant some of these other seedlings this season.

The fava beans got planted today along with watermelon, herbs, corn, bush and 3 different types of pole beans, 3 different yellow bush beans, more squash,tomatoes, kale and lettuce. And of course, there was a lot of weeding along the way, as well as digging up and moving a few perennials. I'm one big ache, but feeling very satisfied to get that much done in one day.

Since I was too tired to cooked what I had planned, I opted for a simple carb fix of plain pasta with garlic, parsley butter. Now I'm going to finish my wine, shower and probably pass out while watching TV - a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS WELCOME: