Instagram

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Back from the beach




We had four lovely, sunny days at Nags Head with our dear friends Jim and Laura. The sun and sand were very healing. My face actually looks fine unless you look closely and the other black and blue marks are well hidden by clothing. It was our first visit to North Carolina beaches. Typical of beach communities there were lots of funky shops, houses and restaurants.

Yesterday was spent unpacking, doing laundry, grocery shopping, picking up Bodhi and Bonnie at the kennel and dealing with all the other things you need to do when you've been away from home for several days. One of the things I got done was signing up for Square, which will hopefully, enable me to swipe credit cards using a little gizmos they're sending me that should attach to my new Ipod Touch. Today I'll tackle the snail mail and check out the garden. I know there's spinach to be harvested. It was pretty ready before we left.

We got some very sad news yesterday afternoon. Jim's niece Eva passed away after a long term illness. She and her husband Don, bought a little get away house in Burnsville a while back and she so loved her time here in the mountains.

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS WELCOME: