Instagram

Monday, May 30, 2011

Garden photos




The garden is lush and ablaze with color.All the roses and clematis are in full bloom as well as many of the other perennials.

Yesterday turned out to be kitchen and gardening time. The only studio chore I got was spending over an hour unclogging a sprayer only to find that I still need to seal the rubbery or vinyl area next to the brass nozzle. That area melted when using it to spray soda in the kiln. Once I got the sprayer working, it was spraying through parts of that melted area. That sprayer will have to get some sealant around that area and be designated for the garden instead of soda firing.

I got all the tomatoes, eggplant, squash and potatoes sprayed and did a bit more mulching on the potatoes. This morning, after breakfast, I need to re-plant corn. The seeds I planted a week ago haven't sprouted. It was older seed, but not that old, and should have sprouted. So today I'll plant a new variety of 2011 seeds.

Snails and slugs are doing too much damage on the broccoli and cabbage, so I need to wet the soil and put down some Escar-go, which is a safe granule to get rid of the critters. Then I'll head to the studio and get some pots slipped and decorated. I have about a week and a half before the TRAC tour and there's a lot to do before then. Now that the small Olympic gas kiln is ready to go, I should be able to re-fire a lot of pots Thursday or Friday when the current forecast is calling for sunny days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS WELCOME: