Instagram

Sunday, December 16, 2012

Woman plans, God laughs.

Yesterday I made a batch of gingerbread dough to make gingerbread men, which I was planning to freeze after I made and baked them today. A short while later, a neighbor came by with several pounds of frozen salmon fillets. He does a lot of work for some of the Indian charities and each year they give him 50 lbs of salmon! So, by the time I got my heavy cleaver out and cut the frozen fillets in half, cleaned up the mess and got them packed up, I had the head scratching job of trying to find room in the freezer for them. Fortunately I was able to, but now I'm trying to figure out where I'm going to put these cookies when I make them.

The plan was to bake and freeze the cookies and decorate them a few days before Christmas, when the family arrives. I thought I was so clever to pace my Christmas baking! So much for planning. LOL

So, gingerbread men is all the baking I'll be doing the next few days. I have the studio heating, so after the cookies are done, maybe I can get in there to do something. The tragedy in Connecticut just devastated me and I was in no mood for the studio. I didn't think that tears and clay would be a good mix.


No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS WELCOME: