Instagram

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Storm system moving our way

Holding tight this morning with that big storm system coming our way. Jim was planning on some morning chores in Spruce Pine but he took my suggestion of waiting till tomorrow. We've already had some pretty strong wind gusts coming through and the main part of the system hasn't yet arrived.

I'm glad I was able to get a good amount of garden cleanup and planting done yesterday. After a bad night's sleep I wasn't up to studio work, but getting in the garden actually perked me up a bit.

Today will be a full studio day. The replacement plumbing parts for my small Olympic gas kiln arrived yesterday afternoon, so I'll be able to do those re-fires once we get a couple of sunny days in a row - maybe over the weekend. I need to slip and decorate a small group of pots today and maybe weigh out another glaze test or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS WELCOME: