Instagram

Thursday, April 14, 2011

New burner ports and tightened bag wall




Shane worked late last night tightening up the bag wall and building new burner ports. We'll be firing Saturday. I'm loading today and Shane will load his half after work on Friday.

We're hoping that these latest changes will result in a more even firing in this cross draft.

I weighed out six glaze tests yesterday (one new glossy base with six different color combinations). I had to stop by mid afternoon to get on with dinner prep, so I'll be mixing and dipping the test tiles this morning. The Chicken Canzanese was a big hit and I will definitely be making that again. It's a time consuming but not difficult recipe.

I'm waiting for the kiln room to warm up a bit before I start loading. Right now I'm heading to the studio to mix and sieve the test batches and get them on to tile.

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS WELCOME: