Instagram

Sunday, February 13, 2011

First seedlings of winter are up


The first leek seedlings sprouted overnight! Whahoo! I do love this time of year, with the promise of spring so close. Looks like we have a lovely day, but still coolish, so I'm putting off my outdoor planting till later in the week when we're expecting a couple of days in the low 60's.

We've been enjoying a lazy Sunday morning, catching up on email and snail mail, but I will get a few hours of studio time today before I start on tonight's roast chicken, mashed potato, honey ginger carrots dinner. Jim promises to open a really good Chardonnay as his contribution.

Right now I need to get a loaf of whole wheat started in the bread machine and then head to the studio. There's only one more pot to slip and about 3 to decorate. All should be dry enough for the bisque early next week.

2 comments:

  1. Our first leaks of spring are usually from melting ice on the roof.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that is something to celebrate!!

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS WELCOME: