Instagram

Monday, May 10, 2010

First strawberry of the season

Hope a critter won't get to this before me. It still has to ripen a bit on the underside. Got all the seedlings back on the porch, hand watered, and dragged my huge canvas carrier filled with weeds and most of the hollyhock volunteers that I dug out the knoll garden yesterday and dumped them down the hill on the other side of the house. I'm creating passive compost piles everywhere!

There's a large list of garden "to do's" all this week, in between doctors appointments and a trip to Asheville. I'm hoping that it rains one or both of those day and not the days I'm planning on getting some of these seedlings planted.
Well, time to change the tines on the rototiller and get back to work. I'll quit around 3:30 and start on dinner - a ziti, ricotta, mozarella casserole. It's will be a good comfort meal after a heavy gardening day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS WELCOME: