Instagram

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

No knead whole wheat, raisin pecan sourdough


Here's one of the two loaves of whole wheat, raisin, pecan sourdough bread I baked this afternoon.
I think I'll make it with yeast instead of the sourdough next time, which I think might suit the sweetness of the raisins and nuts.

The day is almost gone and wasn't the day we had originally planned. We were going to celebrate my belated birthday dinner tonight, but our dear friend Jim woke up this morning with a high fever, and other flu symptoms, so the birthday dinner will have to wait till we're all healthy and the weather is good enough for an evening trek to Asheville.

Our power went out again last night but fortunately it was on this morning. To be on the safe side, we topped off our 500 gallon propane tank today. Seems a lot of people had the same idea. They said that their 3 trucks delivered 6,000 gallons of propane today. Our generator is powered by propane, as well as my kiln and my studio studio heat. We also have a propane fireplace in the living room, so it's a good idea to keep that tank close to full  this time of year.

My day was spent cooking and sorting through a lot of old audio tapes. My new ION Tape 2pc machine finally arrived and I uncrated it and got it plugged in; but that's as far as I got. Tomorrow I'll read the book and get the software installed. If all works well I'll be able to convert all these old audio tapes into MP3 files and then burn them to CD's.

I also did some web searches for more recipes and wound up ordering the new "Healthy Bread in 5 Minutes" cookbook. My current recipes are very good; but I want to expand my repertoire into some more healthier, whole grained breads once in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS WELCOME: