Instagram

Monday, December 28, 2009

Making bread today and tomorrow

After breakfast,and  animal and plant care,  I decided to take a nice, soaking, jaccuzzi, thinking that since Bonnie kitty was outside, she couldn't get into trouble while I filled the tub. Well, woman plans and God laughs. A bully neighborhood cat was threatening her and she wanted back in. By this time the tub had about 3 inches of water in it. Curiosity got the best of her and she jumped, straight away, into the tub! I wish I had a camera to catch the horrified look on her face when she realized what she had gotten herself into. It only took two tries for her to jump out of that tub, shaking her legs as she ran back into the laundry room.Even Jim who is rarely amused by her, was laughing so hard at the sight of this kitty looking like she was doing the makarena.  I wonder if she's learned her lesson on that one!

I spent a lot of time today, searching out some bread and pasta recipes. After all the meat this week, my body is craving some simple pasta, and soon - probably Wednesday since we're eating out tomorrow and I doubt if they'll have pasta at the  Grove Park grill.

After dinner, I mixed up a double batch of a sour dough, whole wheat, pecan and raisin bread.. It will proof till around noon tomorrow and should be ready to bake around 2 or 3 o'clock. A couple of other no knead recipes I found, look good as well - a spelt, and a whole wheat sour dough with millet, quinoa, sesame and other seeds,etc.  But those will have to wait until I can get to a store that carrie vital wheat gluten and some of the other ingredients in those recipes.

1 comment:

  1. That was so funny! Sounds like what my cat was trying to do when i take a shower every morning..lol

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS WELCOME: